Michigan State University (http://www.msu.edu) has a number of affiliated Web sites that are great sources for global information. Many can be sorted by world region, area of interest or international issue, all of which contribute to fast information gathering and easy access.
- globalEDGE™ (http://globaledge.msu.edu/) - Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER (http://global.broad.msu.edu/ibc/)), globalEDGE™ is a web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights and learning resources on global business activities.
- Internet Resource Guide on Women and International Development (http://www.wid.msu.edu/resources/internet/) - A guide to women's organizations around the world.
- Resources for Foreign Language Teachers (http://clear.msu.edu/clear/store/products.php?product_category=online)- Tutorial guides and Internet sourcebooks for educators in foreign languages.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Online (http://www.h-net.org/)- An international consortium of scholars and teachers, H-Net creates and coordinates Internet networks with the common objective of advancing teaching and research in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- e-LCTL Initiative (http://elctl.msu.edu/) This Web site provides information about less commonly taught languages at universities and government language institutes in the United States.
- Exploring Africa (http://exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu/) - An educational web-based curriculum and resource site developed for middle- and high-school students and educators.
- African Media Program (http://www.ngsw.org/~afrmedia/) - A reference guide to 10,000 African films and videos for educators and the general public.
- Gateway to African Studies on H-net (http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~afrteach/)- A set of discussion lists on African topics for educators and scholars.
- Food Security and Food Policy Information Portal for Africa (http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/fs2/test/)
- Latin America School and Educational Resources (LASER) (http://www.laser.msu.edu/) - LASER is an educational Web site created as a resource for educators and students of both middle and high schools interested in learning more about Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Canadian Studies Resources (http://www.mcsrt.org/resources/basic/) - Basic materials for studying Canada.
Arts and Culture at MSU
The Arts and Culture Web site (http://artsandculture.msu.edu/default.asp) is designed for all people interested in the arts and culture who would like to know the breadth of MSU's offerings. Browse this site to learn about events scheduled for this upcoming year, academic programs, and resources for community, faculty, current and prospective students, and children and youth.