- Canadian Summer Externship (http://studyabroad.law.msu.edu/canada/)
The Michigan State University College of Law offers a six-week Externship program in Ottawa for U.S. and Canadian law students. This program combines a six-week externship with an introductory class and a series of weekly seminars on Canadian legal issues.
- Field Experience Database (http://jmc.msu.edu/current-students/feo.php)
The James Madison College maintains this database of programs which its students have used to fulfill their field experience (internship) requirement. Many of the programs listed are international and the database allows users to search for internships by country.
- International Academic Internships (http://studyabroad.msu.edu/internships/)
The Office of Study Abroad provides this directory of established international internship programs around the globe. Internships are available in a variety of capacities and on every continent.
- International Internship Resources (http://studyabroad.msu.edu/internships/iof_websites.html)
In addition to sponsored internships, the Office of Study Abroad provides a directory of non-affiliated international internship opportunities. These services help students find their own internship opportunity though it may not be endorsed by Michigan State University.
This student support office can help international students and domestic students plan for an international career as well as prepare for an effective job search. The MSU Career Services Network offers experienced advisers to help you identify American firms operating in foreign countries, foreign firms operating in the U.S. and tools to help take your career global.
- International Student Resources (http://careernetwork.msu.edu/students/international)
- American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries (http://careernetwork.msu.edu/specialResources/index.php) - The authoritative source of information on American firms with branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates in foreign countries. American companies listed have a substantial investment in overseas operations wholly or partially owned subsidiary affiliate or branch.
- Foreign Firms Operating in the U.S (http://careernetwork.msu.edu/specialResources/index.php). - The authoritative source of information on foreign firms (non-American) with branches,subsidiaries, or affiliates in the United States. Foreign companies listed have a substantial investment in American operations wholly or partially owned subsidiary affiliate or branch.
- Going Global (http://www.bus.msu.edu/learcenter/) - Resources for those interested in expanding their job and internship search outside their home country. View country and USA city career guides, job and internship listings, key employer directory, and connect with professionals around the globe! Also includes information on visa sponsorship numbers by employers in certain geographic areas.
- MySpartanCareer (http://careernetwork.msu.edu/my-spartan-career-login) , an online system with on- and off-campus job listings for full-time, part-time, seasonal, and paid internship positions, as well as schedules of on-campus interviews, workshops, and other career events.
Directory of International Internships (http://globaledge.msu.edu/international-internships/) is an online, searchable tool designed to serve as a reference guide for students, faculty, staff and administrators looking for internships sponsored by international universities, government agencies, non-profit groups, private organizations and corporations. Each entry contains a brief description of the internship including cost and eligibility information, as well as the sponsor's contact information and Web site. The directory can also be used to search for internships with specific topics and geographic locations in mind.