This page highlights some of Michigan State University's international reach, impact and accomplishments.
- MSU is ranked in the top 10 in the U.S. for study abroad participation and international student enrollment in the IIE Open Doors Report. (http://www.iie.org/opendoors)
- MSU is home to the Global Center for Food Systems Innovation (http://gcfsi.isp.msu.edu), a USAID Higher Education Solutions Network development lab.
- MSU has 280 international institutional partnership agreements in more than 67 countries.
- MSU is a lead partner with the MasterCard Foundation in a $500 million African Scholars program
- MSU has approximately 500,000 alumni worldwide and 46,000 international alumni.
- MSU is a top producer of Fulbright scholars, ranking No. 14 among all research universities
- Browse a complete list of MSU's International Distinctions (/distinctions.htm)
Title VI Funding
The U.S. Department of Education Title VI program provides grants to institutions of higher education to establish and operate undergraduate centers that are national resources for international education. MSU has five funded centers that teach modern foreign languages, offer disciplinary instruction in international studies, oversee and disseminate center-related research and provide curricular and instructional materials for K-16 educators.
- MSU has a dedicated team in the Office of International Research Collaboration (/../oirc/) who provide pre-award support to cross-college teams applying for external funding.
- Michigan State University's international research awards total nearly $50 million annually.
- More than 1,490 MSU faculty are engaged in international research and engagement.
- MSU's international research and engagement takes our faculty to more than 67 countries around the globe.
- Search partnership information in international partnership database (/../agreements/index.php)
- MSU is currently ranked 96th in Shanghai Jiao Tong University's (http://www.shanghairanking.com) Institute of Higher Education Rankings
- MSU is currently ranked 94th in The London Times World University Rankings (http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/) by Thomson Reuters
- MSU was named among the Top 100 Global Universities (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14321230/print/1/displaymode/1098/) by Newsweek/MSNBC in 2006